Passionate about good wine or beer and looking for something new? Ocala has tons of unique wine experiences and breweries just waiting to be discovered. Here’s our list of awesome wineries and breweries you’ve got to check out!
3. Ocala Wine Experience– This quirky little spot is perfect for the person who wants to enjoy good wine, good food, and good music. They have an impressive selection of wines, including an eight-wine flight with accompanying cheese plate. At The Ocala Wine Experience, you can enjoy wine and cigars in the Mediterranean-themed courtyard, or buy your own wine at the bar and have it uncorked with dinner.
1. La Cuisine– It’s no surprise that an excellent French restaurant also has excellent wine. La Cuisine offers an extensive wine list that includes every conceivable French wine you could possibly ask for, from Rosé to Merlot to Chardonnay. Their selection of French and Portuguese ports is also enticing. They offer lunch and dinner, as well as a special brunch every Sunday from 11 AM to 2 PM.
1. The Corkscrew Winery & Brewery– If you’ve always wanted to make your own wine, but didn’t want to invest all the time and money in a personal vineyard, the good people at The Corkscrew can hook you up. The Corkscrew provides a do-it-yourself winemaking experience where you can choose your own varietal and ingredients–and then let someone else do all the work! You can even custom-design your own labels. Keep all that delicious vino to yourself (each session yields 30 bottles!) or design the perfect wine with your friends and share the results.
2. Infinite Ale Works– This brewery and tap-house in the downtown Ocala area has over 30 beers on tap, including a few of their own exclusive creations. Their core collection includes an Imperial stout, Belgian-style witbier, Belgian-style India pale ale, Belgian abbey-style quadruple ale, and a regular quadruple ale, and they’re adding more unique creations on the reg. Stop buy on Wednesdays to try a half-priced Core Beer flight.
1. Stella’s Modern Pantry– Stella’s has a little bit of everything! They are well-known for their delicious lunches and tempting confections, but they also offer a wonderful selection of unique wines. The next time you’re in shopping for special ingredients to wow your dinner guests, don’t forget to grab a wine to pair it with!
1. Pi on Broadway– There are some people who think there are better things in life than pizza and beer, and those people are wrong. For the rest of us, there’s Pi On Broadway, a downtown Ocala restaurant that specializes in all things both cheesy and frosty. Their list of ten craft drafts is always rotating, bringing you the latest and greatest to enjoy with one of their gourmet pies. Enjoy your favorite at the bar, or chill on the rooftop terrace.
1. First Magnitude Brewing Company– This Gainesville. Florida brewery and tap-house takes its name from one of Florida’s most precious natural resources: its freshwater springs. A spring classified as first magnitude is the most powerful, pumping out over 100 cubic feet of water per second. First Magnitude Brewing Company pays homage to the raw power of Florida’s natural beauty with both its name and its beers: pure Florida spring water is the first ingredient in their creations. They offer variations of every type of beer you care to name, but some highlights include their Siren Blonde Ale, Wakulla Weizen, Drift English Mild Ale, and intriguing Saltwater Intrusion Gose. Order a flight (or two), grab some delicious eats from their rotating food truck selection out front, and enjoy.
1. The Wetlands: Swamp Head Brewery’s Tasting Room– Another Gainesville favorite, The Wetlands showcases Swamp Head’s extensive selection of craft beers ranging from the easy-sipping Wild Night Honey Cream Ale to the regal Catherine’s Passion Russian Imperial Stout (you can also get quirky with their peanut butter and jelly amber ale). They also offer growlers and packaged beer. Take advantage of their Taco Tuesday hosted by Cilantro Tacos!