October here in Ocala is the perfect opportunity to enjoy both the cool, sunny weather of Central Florida’s autumn months, and fully experience all the community has to offer. From art events, live musical performances, movies in the park, and even a Spanish-style Street Party, October in Ocala has something for everyone to enjoy!
- Every year, the First Friday Art Walk occurs from 6 PM-9 PM on the first Friday of every month from September until May. Located within Ocala’s historic downtown, event festivities include over 40 artist’s displays, acoustic entertainment, free family art activities, and extended shopping hours.
- After Dark In the Park will be showing Hidden Figures at 7:30 PM at Citizen’s Circle. Admission is free, but be sure to bring your own seating! Popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
- Travel around the world in a day at the 2017 Ocala Cultural Festival! Come out and celebrate Ocala’s cultural diversity by taking part in presentations, indulging in international cuisine, browsing vendors, enjoying live music, and more. The Festival will be from 11 AM to 3 PM at Tuscawilla Park.
- The Reilly Arts Center will be showcasing the work of country’s female legends. Award-winning country artist Katie Deal will be performing some of the most beloved works of Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, and more! Come out and enjoy your faves, starting at 3 P.M. Tickets are available from $20 to $30.
- Classic Albums LIVE will be performing Lynyrd Skynyrd’s greatest hits, note for note, at the Reilly Arts Center. The show starts at 7:30 PM. Tickets are available from $20 to $30.
- After Dark In the Park will be showing Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at 7:30 PM in Tuscawilla Park. There will also be a Star Wars costume contest, and a martial arts sword demonstration.
- The Ocala Culinary Festival will be putting on La Noche en Broadway, a downtown event that invites Marion County residents to experience the rich culinary treasures of Spain. In addition to signature Spanish foods, guests will experience the big reveal of the 2018 Culinary Festival lineup, and the event’s official poster. La Noche en Broadway will take place October 20th from 6 PM-9 PM in front of Brick City For the Arts. Tickets are available at ocalaculinaryfestival.com.
- The Reilly Arts Center will be offering a live show and broadcast of the famous War of the Worlds radio play. The Insomniac Theatre’s cast of voice actors and sound-effect artists will perform the play for audiences starting at 7:30 PM. Tickets are available from $10 to $20.
- The Reilly Arts Center will be showing the classic silent sci-fi thriller Metropolis, with a live soundtrack performed by the Ocala Symphony Orchestra, at 7:30 PM. Tickets are available from $17 to $22.
- The Annual Children’s Halloween Carnival hosted by The Florida Thoroughbred Fillies! Offering trick-or-treating (bring your costumes!), a haunted house, pony rides, bounce houses, and much more! Snacks can be bought for an additional fee, but entrance will only run you a donation of $1 per person! Bring the whole family for a safe and fun Halloween celebration.
October 28th – 29th
- Show Motel, a local, dynamic artist collective, will be showcasing avant-garde and experimental works in the setting of vintage Southland Motel right around the corner from historic downtown. The exhibition is free to the public, and will run from 10 AM-6 PM both days.
- From 10 AM to 5 PM, the Ocala Arts Festival will be downtown to showcase more than 180 artists, a student art exhibit, food vendors, live entertainment on two stages, and more.
Are you hosting an event during the month of October and would like to add it to our list of upcoming events? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
For more Ocala resources, take a look at our Discover Ocala blog section. Looking to relocate or find out more information about what Ocala has to offer? Contact our knowledgeable REALTORs® for more information!