World Equestrian Center Development Moves Forward
On Tuesday October 17th, the County Commission unanimously greenlit development of the eagerly-anticipated World Equestrian Center Ocala! When this meticulously-imagined, 3,145-acre equine park opens its gates to guests and events, it will bring not only a new level of equestrian sport to the Marion County area, but of classic horse country living as well. Adjacent to the Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club, this upcoming development features plenty of amenities, including:
- Permanent stabling for 1,500 horses
- 3,100 additional acres of real estate, retail, and dining space; this includes 300 3+ acre equine estates, a 385-room luxury hotel, 835 condominium units within the Equestrian Center itself, and 525,000 sq. ft. of commercial usage
- 17 outdoor arenas on 300+ acres
- 4 indoor arenas
- An open-air stadium with seating for 10,000 spectators
- Vet clinics on site
and (amazingly!) much more!
Envisioned by trucking mogul Larry Roberts as a combination of world-class equestrian sport and luxurious country club living, the World Equestrian Center Ocala will be an event venue and horse community like no other in North Central Florida, and even perhaps the entire southeast. Its connection with Golden Ocala and convenience to HITS in particular will cement its status as a premier luxury equestrian destination in both Marion County and the entire state. The next step for Roberts and his team moving forward is to consult building and engineering staffers to produce a development agreement and submit a traffic analysis of the area WEC will occupy. Great things are certainly on the horizon for horse country.
With World Equestrian Center Ocala’s development officially plunging ahead, sports fans and lovers of country club living alike can be assured that in the coming years, Marion County will be the word in equestrian luxury and competition. For more on WEC’s development and the County Commission’s approval of Roberts’ plans, check out the Ocala Star Banner’s article on the Commission meeting proceedings. You can also contact the Showcase team here for info and updates!
Updated as of 11/27
As of November 14th, the developers of the WEC have announced plans for a 140,000 square-foot arena that will not only host equestrian shows and events, but community happenings and movie nights. It will feature:
- Covered grandstand seating on three sides
- 30’ by 60’ jumbotrons
- VIP dining seats
- Flag court entrance
- Climate-controlled judging booths
- 18,000 square feet of vendor space
The venue’s official name is still in the works, but it is sure to be a vibrant center of equestrian activity, as well as a great spot for must-see community events!
Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club
Exceptional, exclusive, and a horse country institution, Golden Ocala offers an active yet laid-back lifestyle for the discerning equestrian and sportsperson. Its impressive perks include:
- Access to a Ron Garl-designed championship 18-hole golf course with 6 acres of short-game practice space
- Miles of riding trails winding around Golden Ocala’s own Equestrian Center, where residents can rent four to eight-stall barn suites
- Tennis lessons, clinics, clubs, and tournaments
- A spa and salon where residents can recharge with massages, facials, and other relaxing indulgences
Looking for ways to stay updated on the latest developments and news from the World Equestrian Center and Golden Ocala as they move forward on this project? Stay tuned here, or follow these organizations at the links below: